Groundwater can be used as a supplemental resource to satisfy drinking water or irrigation demand and is often is used in times of drought or rainfall uncertainty. Unfortunately, over-pumping can cause groundwater depletion. Conversely, shallow groundwater levels can threaten urban infrastructure or cultivation practices.
The OWSI team conducts wide-ranging groundwater analyses and our experts use a variety of data collection and modeling methods to estimate the quantity and quality of groundwater as well as predict the impact of numerous management practices.
- Monitoring and modeling for groundwater quality and quantity
- Interactions between groundwater and surface water
- Coupled groundwater-surface water modeling
- Mapping shallow groundwater areas in urban areas
- Hydro-agronomic modeling in regions of groundwater depletion
- Assessment of groundwater quantity in coastal and island aquifers
- Groundwater Protection
- Nutrient Management Tool
- Water Quality Assessment
- Watershed Assessment
Check out eRAMS to Explore Our Hydrologic & Water Quality Assessment Tools
The Environmental Resource Assessment and Management System (eRAMS) is a cloud-based platform providing online services for sustainable management of land, water, and energy resources.